European Commision published the new consumer survey
March 15th was World Consumers Rights Day and in Europe the attention and awareness in consumer choices seems to be increasing. The Covid-19 pandemic has certainly changed our consumption patterns and here is some data that emerged from the European Commission's survey, that you can find HERE...:
- 81% of participants shopped closer to home and supported local businesses
- 71% made online purchases in 2020
- 42% postponed major purchase decisions
At the same time, Europeans have made "greener" choices:
- 56% said environmental concerns had influenced their purchasing decisions at least once
- 67% said they were willing to pay more for a more durable product
These findings were discussed on March 15 during the 2021 European Consumer Summit.
There is a great infographics available HERE...